Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Tracked Change lines appear but no changes made

I had a very similar thing happen to me this week, with sidebars throughout
the entire document (about 200 pages). I went to Tools - Options - Track
Changes and set the balloons to "Always." Right at the top of the document
was a balloon that said something like "Modified Normal Style." I
right-clicked on that balloon and accepted it, and the side bars went away.

I don't know how I managed to modify my Normal style, but I assume it was
one of those stupid "Automatically Update" things.

(I'm still using Office 2003. If you're using 2007, the process will
probably be different.)

I hope this helps.

Fred

"BAC" wrote:

Twice when working on a tracked change file, the tracked change lines would
suddenly appear in the entire document when I open it (document was fine when
I saved it last) so that so that rows without any changes would have a
tracked change line next to it. I have been able to select the non-changed
rows and click Accept Change and it would go away but how do I prevent this
from happnening in the future?
Can it be my newly inserted table/text is corrupting the entire file? I
have been working with tracked changed documents for several years and this
has started happening recently.