Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shila shila is offline

Default Bookmark and REF

"ODog Trying NewTricks" wrote:

I inserted an ask statement with a switch to default to blank if no answer is
given, then I used the REF and again used a switch to default to blank if no
source is found. I thought this would work, but it doesn't. The program still
returns !Error. Reference Source Not Found. Does anyone have a suggestion on
how I can reference a blank (instead of the previous response) if no response
is given?

code: {ask created "Enter Date Created." \d ""}{ref created \d ""}
{ask approved "Enter Date Approved." \d ""}{ref approved
\d "")

results: Created on: April 4, 2007
Approved on: Error! Reference source not found.