BARKAROO

Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same problem.

"Kelly" wrote:

Thank you both for responding. The padlock button on the toolbar is not
active either. It seems that no matter what choices I am selecting, I cannot
get this file protected unless I open it in Word 2002.

Any other ideas?

Charles, thank you for those links. They are awesome.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

As Charles suggests, if you want to protect the entire document for forms,
the easiest way is using the padlock button on the Forms toolbar. If you
need to protect specific sections, then you'll have to go through the
Protect Document task pane. You must check the box for "Editing
restrictions," then select "Filling in forms." You'll then be able to
specify which section(s) you want to protect. When you've done that, you'll
be able to click on "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection." It may appear gray,
but if you mouse over it, it becomes darker and is clickable.

"Kelly" wrote in message
I have just installed Word 2003 and have a form I am working on. I have
inserted all of my fields onto the document. I click on Tools,

Protection.
The taskpane opens, but does not allow me to click on the "yes, start
enforcing protection" button. It is greyed out.

I changed the Editing restrictions but that didn't work. I had someone

else
in the department that is using the same version try it and it worked. I

can
open this file into Word 2002 and it will work. I have run an office

repair
and it still doesn't work. Is there some add-in I'm missing or what?

Very frustrated in Silverton. Thanks for any help you can offer.
--
I appreciate your time,

Kelly