Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Display Negative Value as Positive

Use { = - { MERGEFIELD CURRENT _ } \# "$,0.00" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { }. You cannot enter
them using the keys on the keyboard that bear those symbols.

You use Alt+ F9 to toggle off the display of the field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Martha" wrote in message
I'm trying to figure out how to bring a negative value over from Excel and
display as positive number in Word Mail Merge. I saw in one of the