Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CurlyK CurlyK is offline

Default Problems with table formatting in Word 2003

The table joins together, but there is a heavy line between the original rows
and the new rows that have been inserted, above and below. So it looks like
one table but when I go to format the whole table, I cannot select the whole
table. Likewise if I want to change column size - the rows above the
insertion are treated like a separate table, as are the inserted rows, and
the original rows beneath the insertion.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

What happens when you try to delete the paragraph mark(s) between
tables?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CurlyK" wrote in message
Thanks Dawn. I have already tried that, and I always have my hidden
characters on (it makes formatting so much easier). Unfortunately,

Word 2003
still treats the inserted rows like a separate table, so instead of

one
table, I end up with three tables - the rows before the inserted

rows, the
inserted rows and the rows after the inserted rows! Do you have this

problem
with this version? The only time this has happened is since I have

started
using Word 2003. I would appreciate any further advice you can give.

"Dawn Crosier, MVP" wrote:

A trick I try is make sure that there is a paragraph marker

between the
table that is there and where you are pasting your two new rows.

Then
delete the paragraph marker, and the two tables should join

together into
one. (Be sure you turn on your hidden characters so you can see

what is
between your tables.)

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and

questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"CurlyK" wrote in message
I am having a problem when pasting rows into an existing table.

Instead of
being incorporated into the existing table, and being able to

select the
whole table, Word treats the insertion as a separate table, so I

cannot
format the whole thing. It is driving me crazy, and I don't know

how to
make
it stop dfoing it. earlier versions of Word don't do that. Can

anyone
help???