Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Autofill isn't working

If this is Word 2007, you need a macro to turn AutoComplete on or off. Press
Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to display the
Immediate window. Type the following:

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Diann" wrote:

I can't figure out why, when I begin entering a date in my document, autofill
isn't working. All the help info says that when you begin typing a month,
Word will suggest a date and allow you to automatically insert--as it used to
be in older versions of the program--but nothing happens. There used to be
something in preferences that had to be checked...is this the case with this
version? If so, I can't find it. Any suggestions?