Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Linking numbers in Word tables to spelled out Numbers in body of document

If you were to bookmark the numbers in the table, you could then use a cross
reference field to the text of the bookmark and add the

\* cardtext

formatting switch to that field

For example, if you bookmark the number 213 in and give the bookmark the
name Cell1 and then insert the following field

{ REF cell1 \* cardtext }

where the field delimiters { } are inserted by using Ctrl+F9, when you use
Alt+F9 to toggle off the display of the field codes, the field will display

two hundred thirteen

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MisterMatt516" wrote in
message .. .

Does anyone know of a way to link the numbers in a Word table to the
corresponding spelled out numbers throughout the text. I am dealing
with engineering documents where total repair quantities are tabulated
in a summary sheet in the front of a report, then the quantities are
repeated several times throughtout the report in spelled out form (
E.G. In the table:213, then 3 pages later: two hundred thirteen). I
need a way to link the number to the spelled out number so that I can
quickly edit the table and the text will follow suit.

Is this something that could be done by converting the entire document
to Excel, setting it up in there with the formula bar, and the
converting back to Word? I'm leary of this as things always seem to go
kooky when I convert back and forth.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Matt