Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how do I automatically re-number my doc each time it's opened?

I don't know what that error number means. The highlighted line is
trying to save the updated number into the file C:\Settings.txt. Maybe
there's some problem with that file path. Try making it some other
path, such as C:\Documents and Settings\Settings.txt.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:41:01 -0700, DJ Drayer
wrote:

The error message is as follows:
Runtime error 1-2147467259 (80004005)':

Then highlights this line;

System.PrivateProfileString("C:\Settings.Txt", "MacroSettings", "Order") =
Order

Thank you

DJ

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

I'm sorry, but "not working" isn't enough information to diagnose the
problem.

Do you get any error message when you make a new document based on the
template? If so, what is the *exact* wording of the message?

Does the macro editor open and highlight any particular line of the
code?

If neither of those things happens, then what does happen?

To answer your other question, no, the "00#" is not the starting
number. Find the lines

If Order = "" Then
Order = 1
Else

and change the number 1 to 2536.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:42:01 -0700, DJ Drayer
wrote:

Jay,
Thank you for the time to share the information I needed, one thing though,
after going to the link I did exactly what it told me to do and it is still
not working. And in the Autonew VBA there is a (Order, "00#") is that my
starting number? As I need to start with number 2536. Please help...

DJ

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DJ Drayer wrote:
I can't seem to get Word to automatically add a form number
(sequencially) to my document...please help someone.

DJ