Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CReubens

Default MS Word document date query.

Thank you kindly, Suzanne, Graham, and Charles! I've learned from your
helpful posts, and I appreciate them. All the best to you, from Craig
Reubens...

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

She told you how to view the creation date. She also told you that you could
use a CreateDate field. I'm going to tell you to visit
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the different
kinds of datefields and how to format them. Suzanne and Graham correctly
informed you that this date may not be correct, but it is the only date on
this that Work keeps track of and it is usually correct.

I don't know how it can be made clearer. Sorry.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"CReubens" wrote in message
Well, thank you for your response, Suzanne, I guess. I mean, it seemed as
though your suggestion was for me to visit the Word MVP FAQ webpage and
get
my question actually answered there. Ah, but I TRIED that, and to no
avail.
I also tried right-clicking in a blank portion of the document, expecting
"Properties" to pop up upwhence I'd be able to finally obtain the date I
originally created the document. But no such luck. "Properties" simply
didn't pop up, no matter where nor how many times I right-clicked! I'm
still
left with the feeling that the date I wrote that letter is SOMEWHERE
hidden
deep within the bowels of my computer, but I've given up on finding out
precisely where...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

File | Properties | Statistics or insert a CreateDate field.

so
all may benefit.

"CReubens" wrote in message
How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?