Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default book with columns

If you're creating a booklet, you should use the "Book fold" option instead.
What you described was folding and glueing. What I envisioned was that you
would be folding pages 1 and 2 (on a single sheet) back to back and glueing
the free edges into the binding. Then pages 3 and 4, and so on.

"cobymom" wrote in message
I pressed no for "did it help" but it did technically - What I've done is
go
into 2 pages per sheet and scaled it to 8.5 x 11. Technically fantastic
BUT -
I took out the colums and had my document as portrait but when I go to
print,
I have to print page 4 and 1 on the first side, then when I re-insert it,
have to enter 2 and three, and so on, so that when I fold my sheet and
glue
it in, the pages run the way I need them to. So technically - you helped
me
find a solution, but do you know if there is a way to sent the document to
print without having to enter all that information. It's okay with a wee
document, but a larger will give me grief. I'm not sure if there is a way
of
getting it figured out in some kind of print setup that I can go to every
time I want to do this.

I appreciate your help very much and at least now I can accomplish the
task
- just looking for a quicker way to accomplish it now.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For this application only (not for booklet printing generally), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/Print2Pages.htm

A much better solution for Word 2000 and above is to use "2 pages per
sheet"
in the Page Setup dialog (not the one in the Print dialog) instead of
columns. Then you can add page numbers just as you normally would because
Word treats each half of each physical page as a logical page. Since you
already have your text formatted into columns, you should not experience
much change in layout if you enable "2 pages per sheet" (it's in the
"Multiple pages" dropdown on the Margins tab of Page Setup) and format
the
content back to a single column.

"cobymom" wrote in message
I am using word 2003. I have created a book and it has over 50 pages in
it.
have used landscape and have made them into columns. I want to number
each
page (two per page because of columns) and then I want to print so that
then fold each page and then use a bookbinding machine which will glue
each
page at the fold.

I'm not even sure where to start - please help