Renaldi Renaldi is offline
Junior Member

Thank you Venky. That does work. However it's clumsy to have to go through this odd procedure to get to LISTNUM for each line, maybe there is a way to make a shortcut key. And hopefully there is a way to format the tab settings for LISTNUM, will play around with this.

I still can't get beyond how difficult and cumbersome it is to do something so simple. I didn't have too much trouble doing this function in the older versions of Word or in WordPerfect. It seems Word would be best divided into 2 versions, one that is common sense based, simple, and intuitive, and another as it is now, for very complex docs and tech writers.