Perplexed

For what it's worth. . .I'm having the same problem. Jpgs from my digital
camera or websites print out exactly like you discribed. I'm printing to an
HP inkjet 1100. I tried printing to another printer (Xerox WorkCenter Pro)
and it came out fine. Then I created a PDF file and it printed just fine to
the HP. It must be something in the printer driver between the HP & MSWord.
I was able to fix it on another project by doing something to the picture but
didn't write down what I did to fix it. Can't seem to replicate the fix.

Good luck! At least I now know that another printer will work.

"Larry" wrote:

I am printing a document containing .jpg pictures to a Xerox Phaser 860 color
printer. The pictures either print out as a pair, one underneath the other,
or as 4 underneath each other.

Each image is squished by half (or fourths) so the multiple picture image
takes up the same space as the single, normal size image would.

I had no problem under prior versions of Office.

I tried printing with and without spooling but it made no difference.

The same image in Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Printshop, and even in Paint (the one
that comes with Windows) prints out just fine.

I saw a December 2004 hotfix patch pertaining to printing .jpg files to a
postscript printer but the symptoms it described were a bit different. There
was no link to download this patch anyway.

Your help is appreciated.