kojak kojak is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2003 Bookmarks and Document Map

Dear People

I would like to have a open window on the left side of my document open permanently with the list of Bookmarks there in location order so I can navigate between marks.

Document Map allows only navigation between formal headings, not something I want. I want to be able to mark any word in the document, which will represent a theme or a progression in time through the novel but they are not headings.

I don't mind what the mark is called or how it is set up as long as I can have an open window docked on the left with the marks all there and live with the doc. The problem with Bookmarks is that the dialogue box is tiny, and when open one cannnot work on the doc.

I suspect someone will know how to use the Document Map for this in some way. I'd be grateful for some help. Thanks.