Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Page Break gets Heading 1 style

Hi Saul

You can stop this happening by not using page breaks.

Instead, click in the paragraph that you want to be at the top of a new
page, and do Format Paragraph. On the Line and Page Breaks tab, tick the
"Page break before" box.

If you want every Heading 1 styled paragraph to start on a new page, then,
instead of changing eacj individual paragraph through Format Paragraph,
modify the style itself so that the style is set with "page break before".

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh yes, what I forgot to mention is that the Heading 1 style has a
green background. So the page break shows up as a green strip on the
page prior to the heading!

wrote:
When I insert a page break on a line that is formatted with Heading 1
style, the page break itself becomes Heading 1 style. How do i stop
this from happening. It seems like I need to enter another line
between the page break and the heading, and then format that as normal.
Problem is that there is then a blank space at the top of the page.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Saul