Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default mail merge, why 1 whole page of one contact? I want individual

Peter thank you for the quick reply ... I do see the next record at the
very top of each label however when I merge it still does an entire sheet per
name ... I am so confused?! Any suggestions now?! *L*

Thanks, Melissa

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

If you look at the mail merge main document you should see a Word field that
looks either like this

Next record

or like this

{ NEXT }

at the beginning of each label except the first. (use Alt-F9 to switch
between the Next record view and { NEXT } view.

The correct { NEXT } fields should be inserted when you do the Update
labels, but if for some reason (I cannot think of one) they are not, you can
insert the { NEXT } fields manually as follows:
a. click at the beginning of the second label
b. press ctrl-F9 to insert a pair of the special field code braces {} (you
can't just type them)
c. type NEXT between the { } to give you { NEXT }
d. select the { NEXT }, then ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard, then
e. click at the beginning of the next label
f. ctrl-V to insert the { NEXT } field
g. repeat (e) and (f) until there is a { NEXT } field for each label except
the first.

Peter Jamieson

(with the label layout and the merge fields) and press Alt-F9, you should
see a number of fields in each label
"Melissa" Melissa @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Okay so I have done a mail merge (using Word 2003) and I have created the
label and then under arrange labels I clicked on "Update all labels" but
once
I merge I end up with one whole page of labels per mail recipient instead
of
one label per recipient ... I don't need a page a person, please help, I
have
tried everything!

Thanks, Melissa