Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Backspace deletes indentation of Normal style

To prevent the Delete key from deleting indents, you have to clear the
option to "Set left and first indent with tabs and backspaces" on the
AutoFormat As You Type tab of the AutoCorrect dialog box.

To display the dialog box in Word 2010, click File tab | Proofing |
AutoCorrect Options.

Note that after you have cleared the above option, you will still see, in a
multilevel numbered list, that pressing Delete once suppresses the list
number.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"InR" wrote in message
Thanks Peter,

I like your moral - and maybe the approach is user training...

But it is not correct that you delete the paragraph mark at the end of the
Heading style. This is the functionality that I'm after. Pushing backspace
twice does that. Pushing backspace once only deletes the indent of the
Normal style. Applying Normal again restates the indent. I did not think
that an indent in Normal style could be deleted as easy as a Tab - it
seems so...

Br,
InR