Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BruceM BruceM is offline

Default I need more than 4 columns.

a) The OP asked a legitimate question to which you replied condescendingly.
Perhaps it was intended as humor, but I have a hard time believing it was
taken that way.

b) There has been quite a disconnect between what I have written to you and
your replies. Perhaps you intend to smother me under a load of obfuscation.
This exchange has been entertaining, but I can't see any point to continuing
it.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
You were at the conference on Le Superflu at the Faculté des Lettres
Victor-Segalen, Brest?

Or just humourless and as silly as the original poster?

"BruceM" wrote in message
So what are you saying, that the norm is a command of the program equal
to your own, and anything else is superfluous and therefore a target for
your derision?

By the way, it's either "...an excess, which goes beyond a given
necessity" or "an excess that goes beyond a given necessity" unless usage
has changed since I actively studied such matters.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
To define the notion of superfluity, it is necessary to resort to
the
definition of a norm, and to see it as an excess
which goes beyond a given necessity. Although
this
approach may seem restrictive, it nevertheless
opens vast fields of reflexion, given the overflow of meaning
it triggers."BruceM" wrote in
message ...
Was that really necessary?

"Jezebel" wrote in message
OK, pay attention coz's this is *really tricky*.

1. Display the 'Format Columns' dialog. (Can you manage that one on
your own?)

2. Look at it for a while, until you see the 'Number of columns'
field.

3. Enter the '6' in that field. (You'll find the 6 on your keyboard
between the 5 and 7 keys.)

"Rusher" wrote in message
I have a 11x17, landscape page, and I need 6 columns...Apparently, I'm
only
allowed 4???