Beth Melton

The answer Jeffery provided was what you were looking for. If you want
to make a row a header row then select the row and go to Table/Heading
Rows Repeat.

In previous versions the menu item was called "Headings" but it wasn't
clear that a heading row or rows would repeat if the table split
across a page so they included additional text to help clarify the
functionality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Sam Hobbs" wrote in
message ...
Thnk you for your thorough answer. I am sorry, but my question was
not clear. My question is "How do I make a table cell a header?".
The part about how to make make the header repeat made the question
confusing. I did not intend to ask how to make the header repeat. I
meant to ask how to make the header; that is, how to specify that a
row is a header row.

"JBNewsGroup" wrote in message

1. Select the top table rows that you want to be a header.
2. On the Menu bar click on "Table".
3. On the drop down menu find "Heading Rows Repeat" and click on
it.