Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sectionbreakvictim sectionbreakvictim is offline

Default Section break issue. Please help. It's driving me crazy.

Please help, I will try to be as specific as possible in order to solve this
issue. I have posted it in some places and asked many people, but nobody
seems to really understand what the problem is let alone help me solve it. It
is not a serious problem; it's a pesky, but serious little nuisance.

The cast

-My computer. A week-old laptop with good features regarding speed, memory,
etc.
-Microsoft Word. 2002 avatar.
-Me. A 15-year Word and computer user.
-Nuisance. A persistent entity whose origins and purpose remain unknown.

The plot

I am typing a paper for school using Word. I have just finished the first
chapter, and will begin the next. I do a section break: Insert, Break,
Section break types, Next page.
I am in the next page. I am typing again. Suddenly, I wish to start a new
paragraph, so I hit enter. I hit enter but the cursor does not move to the
next line. Instead it moves one space to the right. When I start typing the
cursor moves to the next line, as intended.

If I hit enter two times in a row it moves to the next line, but still is
one space to the right. If I start typing, it will indeed move down one line,
two in total.

This is not a new nuisance, I have always experienced it. However, sometimes
when I do a next page break it doesn't happen, but once it happens in a
document it never stops.

Despair

Why does this happen? How can I stop it? It is visually unbearable. I have
experienced this normally over the years. It is no new thing or a thing that
has to do with my computer or this version of Word. It has to do with Word.

I greatly appreciate your help, if indeed it does solve this thing.
Otherwise, I appreciate your intention to help€¦ it makes me feel as if there
will be a solution someday.