Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sectionbreakvictim sectionbreakvictim is offline

Default Section break issue. Please help. It's driving me crazy.

Thank you for the information, it helps to provide more facts for the person
who will eventually crack this one.

I work in Page Layout View, and this is where the cursor does not move to
the next line but shifts one space to the right after I hit enter. When I
switch to Normal View, I see everything as it should be (i.e. when I hit
enter the cursor actually moves to the next line). Now, this is the funny
part, when I'm in Outline View, the cursor is in the next line but the little
square that indicates an "enter" does not appear. It only appears after I
start typing...

"Bear" wrote:

I hope someone does sort you out. All I can suggest is to be sure you're
working with your nonprinting characters showing (at least while you're
trying to troubleshoot this behavior).

You might also find things easier to see if you switch to normal view and
show your nonprinting characters.

You may be experiencing some conflict with the section break you've just
inserted.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000