Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sectionbreakvictim sectionbreakvictim is offline

Default Section break issue. Please help. It's driving me crazy.

Thanks for the official term. Yes, if I work with "formatting marks" or
"nonprinting characters" showing, it continues to have this behavior.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Recent versions of Word call them "formatting marks." See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

"sectionbreakvictim" wrote in
message ...
Bear,

What are "nonprinting characters"? I couldn't find any information on this
in Word's help. Sometimes I have worked in Page Layout View and seen that
when I click enter there is an enter arrow where I click enter. Is his
"printing characters"? If so, I work with nonprinting characters, that is,
nothing is shown on the page except what I write.

Victim

"Bear" wrote:

Victim:

Well, you've got me stumped. I thought maybe it was Enable Click and

Type,
or perhaps Overtype mode vs. Insert mode.

If you work with your nonprinting characters showing in Page Layout view
does it exhibit that behavior?

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000