Orrie

Thank you, but none of the approaches worked. The document I was working
with not a cut and pasted from the web. I got it as a Word doc.

I tried the AutoFormat solution shown on the MVP site. Show/Hide revealed
paragraph symbols, not return arrows, but instead of deleting the breaks,
AutoFormat only opened a small space between lines after each paragraph
symbol.

I'm not sure, but the Word doc I was sent may have been composed on a
Macintosh rather than a PC, and the text could have been lifted from a Quark
document. Would that make a difference? I often work with graphic designers,
who work on Macs, and so have to handle Word docs of uncertain origin on my
Win XP PC

Anyway, I wound up deleting each line break manually so I could get on with
my work.

Orrie

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
Hi Orrie,

See http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...eanWebText.htm

Regards,
Klaus

"Orrie" schrieb:
I just received a multi-page document to rewrite, and it contains
many broken lines on every page,
like this.
These seem to be manual line breaks, however, Find and Replace cannot
find them when I enter the code for manual line break, ^l, in the Find
entry
There are no tabs or indents shown on these lines.

How can I automate changing these lines to read full width without all
those breaks?

Thank you.

Orrie