garfield-n-odie

You can download a free Word 2003 viewer from
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889660 . You can download a free
Excel 2003 viewer from
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...620741033.aspx .
These viewers will allow you to open, view, and print Word and Excel
files.

98Misery wrote:

I have recently purchased a new computer. This is my first computer and it is
a Insignia D400A from best buy.
This computer comes with XP Home edition. In the paper work came a
certificate of authenticity for Microsoft Works 7.0.
I have a computer at my office and it runs off of Windows 98. I have several
documents,folders, and files that I have copied to a cd-rw. Luckily I have
done this because my computer at the office crashed, but the documents cannot
be read on my home pc.
I have right clicked the file or doc. and tried opening with Microsoft Works
Word Processor, but every thing comes out different than the doc. was
originally designed or typed.
The same thing for my excel documents, When I open them with Microsoft Works
Spreadsheet some of the data is cut out or missing.
Is there any way to fix this problem without having to purchase Word and
Excel software?
If so how?