Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
KnightBall KnightBall is offline

Default How to paste multiple lines from text editor to multiple rows of W

I think figured out what was going on. The text document was using DOS line
terminators (CR/LF) - changed to simply (LF) terminators. And, now the copy
for example copy 8 lines in text doc, highlight 8 cells in the word table and
paste works fine.
--
Thanks
KnightBall

"KnightBall" wrote:

I have a text file opened in Ultra Edit Text editor. Each line that I want
to paste into its own cell (row) in the same column (column number 6) is
separated by a newline.

I've tried selecting, as a test, say five rows and tried several ways of
pasting them into the table. First by just having the cursor in the first
row and column where I want the paste to start: the result being that all
the text is pasted in the one cell without any newlines. I've also tried
selecting the five corresponding empty cells in the word table and the
pasting: the result being the same as above but repeated in each cell.

Any help is appreciated
--
Thanks
KnightBall