Eugene

Default Mail merge fields not visible but printing

My mail merge fields are difficult to view. Right now they usually look
like:
{ MERGEFIELD M_1 }

Sometimes I can get it to look like:
{{ M_1 }}

Clicking the View Merged Data button does not make the data visible like it
should, but the data will appear if I select it, right-click, and click on
Toggle Field Codes.

The data used to be visible, but I believe it stopped being visible when I
did a mail merge with an Access database, but it prints properly whether or
not the data is visible on my screen. Currently the fields are not visible
when merging from Access or Excel.

How do I fix this so I can see my data again when I click on the View Merged
Data button?

Eugene