Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default document reverts to "final showing markup" instead of final

That's by design. If you are wanting to get rid of the markup, you need to
accept the changes and delete the comments. If you just don't want to see
them, then there's a Security Options setting that's relevant, but I can't
tell you where to find it because you haven't mentioned what version you're
using.

"Ohio Cat" wrote in message
Although saved in "final" in the review tab, the document when opened the
next time has reverted to "final showing markup". This is a minor
inconvenience, but I would like to fix it if possible.