Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] nancy_barnett@brown.edu is offline

Default MS Word document keeps switching to "Final" rather than "Final:Show Markup"

On Friday, January 17, 2014 5:27:23 AM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:
This is certainly strange. First of all, make sure that the "Make hidden

markup visible when opening or saving" option at File tab | Options | Trust

Center | Trust Center Settings | Privacy Options is selected. (In Word 2007,

click the Office button, and then click Word Options, to see the Options

dialog box.)

--

Stefan Blom

Microsoft Word MVP

skrev i meddelandet

Please help! I'm trying to edit a rather large document and it keeps

hiding the tracked changes and comments on me, practically every 1-2

minutes! I've seen posts about people having the opposite problem (jumping

to showing the markup when they don't want to see it). But I NEED to see

the markup. It's making editing my document take twice as long as it

should because every time it switches to "final" it changes the page

length too and takes me to a completely different spot in the document!

Please, please help!

Hello,
I have this same problem. After a few minutes in Final Showing Markup the document just switches to Final and turns on the reviewing pane. I am very familiar with the Track Changes feature, and have checked the setting that Stefan suggests.
Thank you,
Nancy