Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Word 2007, Tabs, Styles Unexpectedly Updating

Update: Specifically, most all of my styles get updated to "Centered"
paragraph style when I select a graphic and open the tabs window.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"Jim" wrote:

Hello, I'm evaluating Word 2007. I opened a 500+ page doc created in Word
2000. If I click on an inserted graphic files(of the style BodyText) and
click on the Paragraph arrow in the ribbon, then click on Tabs button,
without any further clicking Word updates ALL of my styles in the document
and changes all of the tabs/margins/indents of all styles. I didn't even
click to change anything (OK/Apply). Undo will undo the style update, but I
can't recommend this to my company until I get to the bottom of such a
devastating issue. P.S. Auto Update is not on in the BodyText style.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Jim.
--
Jim Hull