Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default word viewer

Lets try someting a bit easier than installing again.
In Windows Explorer select a Word file, Mouse right click, Open With, choose
program, select Microsoft Word, Check the box "Always use the selected
program to open this kind of file", OK.
Do this also for the Excel files, but obvious slecting Microsoft Excel.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"lucky" wrote:

I am using XP and all of a sudden (probably because of my 6 year old playing
around) it has changed all of my documents and xcel files into Word viewer
only files. How can I change it back? I have tried installing it again
however for some reason it wont read the disc. Any ideas?