R. Choate

Default pictures aren't visible

When I paste pictures of any kind into Word, it only shows me a border that indicates the size of the picture, not the pic itself.
When I move the cursor away from the newly pasted invisible picture, the border also becomes invisible. I've had this copy of Word
for a long time (version XP) and it did not used to do this. I can't find any settings which would affect this. How can I fix this?

PS: The pictures do show up in Excel or any other Office app, just not in Word.

Thanks in advance. If I have posted to the wrong group, please accept my apology.

--
RMC,CPA