Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 unable to open archived Word 2 docs

See "Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install
Office 2003 Service Pack 3" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810.
Method 1 is what you want.

http://word.mvps.org

"CJB" wrote in message
I need to open some Word 2 files archived to a CD into Word 2007 but I
get a message stating that the operation is blocked due to a registry
policy setting. I haven't a clue what that means but I DO need to open
the documents to resurrect the text therein. I'm not bothered about
any surviving formatting. Please can someone advise. Thank you -
C.J.Brady.