Jay Freedman

The printing option first became available in Word 2002, I think, or maybe
2003 (it's getting hard to keep these things straight). Since you don't have
it, the only way you can print a background is to insert the picture in the
usual manner (Insert Picture From File) and set its wrapping to Behind
Text. If you do this while the cursor is in regular text, it will be only on
that page; if the cursor is in the header, the picture will appear on every
page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

MATT wrote:
Thank you for your reply. In the ToolsOptionsPrint Dialog box,
there is not an Item called Background Colors and Images. There is
one called Background Printing, and this item is checked, however,
the background still will not print.
-MATT

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hello Matt-

Backgrounds are mostly intended for Web Page/Screen display.

If you want them to print, go to ToolsOptionsPrint (or click the
Options button while in the Print dialog box) and put a check in the
box for Background Colors and Images.

HTH |:)

"MATT" wrote:

I have created a document and am using a .GIF image for a
background (Format
- Background - Fill Effects - picture) This works fine, except
when I print or Print Preview, the background is not shown/printed.
I have check the box for "Drawing Objects" in the Include With
Document in the options dialog box. How can i print the document
with the background and all. Thank you
-MATT