ndolinger

OK, thanks for checking. I guess I will have to turn this into a suggestion
to Microsoft. It's a shame that I have to request something be added that
used to be part of the program. I cannot see that taking it out represented
an improvement.

In the short-term, how do I get the File Search window to stay open when I
pick a file to open? Now when I select from the found files, Word copies
that file to the Open window but then closes the File Search window, losing
the list of found files--sometimes several dozens long! If I picked the
wrong file to Open, I have to run the File Search again (though the search
terms do remain there from before).

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Sorry-

It looks like that has been taken away. The only option I've found is to
select the found file you believe to be the right one, click OK & use the
Open dialog box Preview to check it out. The good news is that if not the
right file you can just go back into the Search window & your settings &
found files will still be there.

Regards |:)

"ndolinger" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to activate a preview pane in File Search
or suggest a workaround?

In my version of Word 2003, there is a Views button in the Open window, but
not in File Search. In Word 2000, File Search (or Find File) did have a
View button, and it was VERY useful. That is what I want back.

If Open and File Search worked together so that only the found files show in
the Open window, that would work too, but Open and File Search do not seem to
work together that way. Now I can only seem to select one of the found files
at a time, hope and pray that it is the right one. If not, I have to wait
through another tortuous File Search session, since File Search closes after
you select a file and does not save its previous results.