Faith

Thanks, Anne, but what I'm looking for (and it may not exist) is a way to
have Word automatically update all fields when the document is OPENED.

Do you know how to do this?

(By the way, I didn't know that a "Print Preview" updates the fields -- good
info!)

"Anne Troy" wrote:

There are other ways.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/u...osoft_word.htm

Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Faith" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know of a way to have Word automatically update TOC fields and
page number cross-references within tables when a document is opened
and/or
printed? I know the updates can be performed by selected the text and
pressing F9, but I don't want my readers of my doc to have to do this.