Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mariel9898 mariel9898 is offline

Default Word 2007 - Style changes reverting back in a template

I don't understand exactly what you mean - in order to save as a 2007 of
course "save as" has to be used doesn't it?

Anyway you made me think of something to try but it didn't work. I opened
the original .dot file, did a save as document template which saved it as a
..dotx file. I closed the file, reopened it and made a small change as an
experiment. But when I went to creat a new document based on the template
(Office Button, New, pick the template from the list) the changes were not
there. I went back to the .dotx file in My Computer and opened it using right
click, open (to open the file and not a new document) and the changes were
not there.

I don't know what is going on. I'm running XP in a corporate environment by
the way in case it's relevant.