Daiya Mitchell

IncludeText fields will let you maintain in one Word doc and publish in
multiple Word documents.

This is a low-level overview, but it will get you started.
http://daiya.mvps.org/includetext0.htm

The high-level overview is still being written, but hopefully will be done
within a couple of weeks. If you post back on this thread later, you should
be able to get an updated link. Or you can ask questions if you run into
problems in the meantime.

On 7/22/05 10:19 AM, "Bryan L" wrote:

We have a large collection of documents (roughly 100) with one section in
common. That common section contains pictures and contact information for a
group of employees. Any time we have employee turnover within that group
(which happens regularly, if not often), each of the roughly 100 documents
needs to have that common section updated, which right now is a tedious
manual process. I'm looking for a way to create that section in one place,
and link it to the 100 documents that use it so when a change is needed, I
change the source and it's reflected in all the documents to which it's
linked.

I've searched within the help for Word, but can't seem to find what I'm
looking for. Should I be looking to link a Word document to another Word
document? Or should I try to create the source in Excel or PowerPoint and
link to Word?

Any help appreciated...I'm having difficulty finding a high-level overview
of how to accomplish what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

--