Cheryl York

Default How do I number pages of a Word document with more than 75 pages?

We create large Word documents regularly. They usually have more than 60-75
pages. When we try to number the pages (not using a Footer), the numbers
stop at page 39. Someone told us that we should break the documents up into
several smaller documents, but that is a pain because these documents are
legal briefs being filed in various courts and they need to be all in one
complete document.

Also, is there a way to use a Footer for page numbering without using the
'page x of y' feature in the Footer? We use Footers for smaller internal
documents for the 'page x of y' feature, but in briefs being filed in court
documents, we must have a single arabic number for the page number.