Daiya Mitchell

I think you are trying to fix a problem that was created because you used an
inefficient approach to your initial need. Rethinking how you dealt with
the original need might be best.

I think #1 on this page will help you out. You might need a variation for
your exact case, but I think that's the right general approach.
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm

On 9/7/05 9:33 AM, "Cheryl York" wrote:

We create large Word documents regularly. They usually have more than 60-75
pages. When we try to number the pages (not using a Footer), the numbers
stop at page 39. Someone told us that we should break the documents up into
several smaller documents, but that is a pain because these documents are
legal briefs being filed in various courts and they need to be all in one
complete document.

Also, is there a way to use a Footer for page numbering without using the
'page x of y' feature in the Footer? We use Footers for smaller internal
documents for the 'page x of y' feature, but in briefs being filed in court
documents, we must have a single arabic number for the page number.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/