Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kapuska Kapuska is offline

Default Cannot open saved file after update

Thank you I had the same problem, and now with Norton Plug-in disabled,
everthing is ok,

Thank you.

"crossfire" wrote:

This is actually quite strange because everything was fine with Office 2007
Beta 2. The problem only arose after the upgrade this morning. Now, with the
Norton Plug-in disabled, everthing works fine. Thanks for your help.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

This is a known issue with the Word 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh and Norton
Antivirus. See http://pschmid.net/, under the heading "File Not Found / File
Not Available" for a workaround.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

crossfire wrote:
I've just loaded and installed the Technical Release update. Now
Office can no longer load any docuuments. I point to the file, click
"Open" which appears to work but I then get a message telling me the
file is not available. To see if this only applied to older
documents, I created and saved a new document but this, too, is
unavailable.

Anyone any ideas? It would seem sucha shame to go back to Office 2003.