Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default "Lost" Word docs

There is no 'autosave' in Word. Only save autorecovery information, which
can be a bit hit or miss and for that 1 minute intervals are too short and
will interfere with writing. I believe the 'save' occurs only when the PC is
idle. If the documents are not recovered when you next open Word after the
recovery of power, unsaved documents are gone. See
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

"jefftee" wrote in message

yo baylis can.t help you there. hope u sorted by now but does anyone know
how to retrieve 2003 word files after a power cut?
"roybaylis" wrote:

I have recently lost some Word docs, despite having autosave set to 1
minute.
Journal was switched off, so no joy there.
Any ideas?!
Thanks a million.
Roy