WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Align text in multiple columns

How to Force Columns to Have Rows of Text Line Up in Microsoft Word 2007
  1. Select the text that you want to align in columns.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Columns" button in the "Page Setup" group.
  4. Select the number of columns that you want to use.
  5. Click on the "More Columns" option at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  6. In the "Columns" dialog box, select the "Line between" checkbox under "Presets".
  7. Click on the "Equal column width" option under "Width and spacing".
  8. Click on the "OK" button to apply the changes.

This will align the text in columns and force the rows of text to line up horizontally with each other. If you want to adjust the spacing between the columns, you can do so by going back to the "Columns" button in the "Page Setup" group and selecting "More Columns" again. From there, you can adjust the column width and spacing as needed.