Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nikki Nikki is offline

Default Trouble keeping records straight for a mail merge -data from Acces

I am using Word and Access 2003. I set up a system towards the end of 2005
so it's been working flawlessly for me since then up until about a week ago.
I created a mail merge to send out placement letters. The document contains
3 pages (candidate ltr, client ltr and an invoice page); I set up templates
for all of our clients. When we place a new candidate I enter all of the
information into an Access database I set up and then go to the Word doc and
merge the info in. I have been saving each one with the appropriate
candidate information left checked in the mail merge and doing a save as with
all the candidates information saved in the letter so when I go back I can
just open the document and the correct information comes up already in the
letter so I don't have to go back through the data source. Well somehow
while I was on vacation and someone else was using the system they messed it
up. Now the changes don't stay put. I have to go back into the data source
every time and hunt for the correct candidate to merge into the letter again.
I can "redo them" but as soon as I log off my computer for the day all the
changes are lost.

I am not sure what happened but I'd really like to know I get it back to the
way it was. Please any feedback/suggestions/ solutions would be GREATLY
appreciated. Thanks!