Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Move ribbon to the side

You can however minimize the ribbon and customize the Quick Access Toolbar
so that it has most if not all of the buttons on it that you will need.

I agree with you however that much better use could be made of the space on
the left and right of the screen.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Clive" wrote in message
Can I move the ribbon from the top to the side?
At a time when laptops / PCs are going widescreen it is inconvenient to
lose
usable height when there is spare width.