Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin Ed Mullikin is offline

Default New Documents on Desktop

Thank you both! I'll do that first thing in the morning.

"Mecalith" wrote in message
For the files currently on your desktop, use Windows Explorer to drag and
drop them from your (€śUser€ť) desktop folder into your document folder.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to Office Button | Word Options | Save and change the path for the
default file location from the desktop to My Documents or wherever you
want
them saved.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I have done something to cause my new documents to show up as individual
icons on my desktop. I don't want new documents to be saved with icons
on
the desktop. It is Word 2007 with Vista Home Premium. How can I get
rid
of the icons without losing the documents?