Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Finn Stampe Mikkelsen Finn Stampe Mikkelsen is offline

Default Strange printing behaviour

The document does not seem to be corrupted.. I've shown all paragraph marks (and other formatting marks) and they all seem to be in
order...

Funny thing is, that beside the behavior described (moving the picture to the front = color pic), the document prints fine in a Word
2007 i have installed on another computer. My current word is version 2010....

I have tried to remove and reinstall printer drivers from scratch without any change in behavior.... The Word 2007 print to the same
printer, Brother DSP-9045CDN Network Printer... Both computers are on the same network....

I have tried to copy the document into a new document, then inserted the pic from scratch in that new document, with the same
result...

/Finn
++++

===================
"Stefan Blom" skrev i meddelelsen ...

It could be some strange kind of corruption. What happens if you copy the content, minus the final paragraph mark, into a new
document? (To show/hide paragraph marks, press the ¶ button on the Home tab or on the Standard toolbar if you are using a version
prior to Word 2007.)

For more on document corruption, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2011-09-30 01:54, Finn Stampe Mikkelsen wrote:

"Peter T. Daniels" skrev i meddelelsen ...

My HP PhotoSmart printer defaults to "Grayscale." I have to remember
to click "Properties" in the Print dialog every time I open a document
and change the Shortcut setting to "Economical" (or whatever it's
called) and the Color setting to "Color." Maybe Word likes to override
whatever your printer's defaults are, and you have to manually reset
them through "Properties" every time.

There may be some possible way that would happen, but it is not likely to be the case here..

Like i said, the picture is printed in full color if i cut out the text of the excisting document and also if i move the picture
to the start of the document prior to the text..

This makes no sense to me other that for some reason the text has adapted some setting that instructs the rest of the document to
be printed in greyscale..

I have never heard of this before and i'm very puzzled about this..

/Finn