Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Murray Tim Murray is offline

Default Change minus sign.

On Jan 1, 2007, Nicky wrote:
I find the minus sign for all fonts to be ridiculously small. I wish
to permanently change it to en dash on the alphanumeric keyboard
(don't mind leaving it as it is on the numeric keypad - prefer it
actually especially as changing it might affect the Numeric Lock
operations) . How do I do it? I'm on Word 2000. Thanks! (you
experts out there) - Nicky.

While Unicode calls for a minus sign, many typographers use an en-dash, and
you don't have to worry about the particular font. Use Alt+0150 on the
numeric keypad.

If you're going to be doing all the publishing and not passing docs around to
others who may not have Unicode font sets, then use a Unicode 2212, as
Suzanne Barnhill said.

As far as actual remapping, perhaps some third-party macro program could
remap it or assign a one-character macro to it.