Brad

Default legacy system reports to word

We have a legacy system that produces reports (up to 255 characters wide).
I can get these reports to a windows machine as text.
Then I load the report in Word and set font sizes, margins,
landscape/portrait etc to produce the report to a laser printer.

Can Word automatically make it fit?
If not, I could group the reports by 4 to 6 different widths, etc to fit in
a Word document -- less than 80, upto 132, upto 200, upto 255 character wide.

Then I want to have a desktop icon for each report.

So as a flow ---
Legacy system produces a file called "TEST"
TEST is copied to windows machine.(Control lines for Word could be inserted
here).
An Icon called TEST is on desktop to start Word and format as a laser report.

Our Word is from Office 2003.

I'm a Word novice, but have decades of computer experience.

I'm asking for general directions, just a flow of the correct steps, to do
this. If I know the correct direction I can work out the details.