olymbitis

DONE NOW! I thank all of you who helped. Keep it up!
Regards,
George

Ο χρήστης "Greg Maxey" *γγραψε:

In the header or footer:
Type = NUMPAGES - PAGES + 1
Select NUMPAGES and press CTRL+F9
Select PAGES and press CTRL+F9
Select the entire expression and press CTRL+F9
Select the entire expression and press ALT+F9

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

olymbitis wrote:
When I try to enter these codes in the header or footer of the
document it gives me a syntax error. I do it via the Insert--Field
menu. What am I not doing correctly? Should I enter the code in a
different place? Thank you.

? ??????? "Jay Freedman" ???????:

To number the pages in reverse, use a nested field,

{ = { NUMPAGES } - { PAGES } + 1}

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Do you actually want to number the pages in reverse or just print
the output in reverse order? If the latter, check the "Reverse print
order" box on the Print tab of Tools | Options. If the former, see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...FAQ.htm#RevNbr, but I
doubt that this would work for page numbering.

"olymbitis" wrote in message
How do I number the pages in reverse? Number 1 on bottom page and
highest mumber on the top page? Is there such a feature?