Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] witchseason@btinternet.com is offline

Default How can I have two heading styles at the same numbering level?

Oh - and also, heading 3 numbering doesn't reset after H2nobreak (but
I want it to - *as well as* after Heading 2)

J.

On 19 Sep, 15:43, wrote:
Hi all

I'm trying to reformat a long document that uses outline numbered
styles Heading 1 Heading 5. I've got everything the way I want it,
the numbering works fine & outline is great.

My Heading 2 style has the 'page break before' attribute, but there
are a few places where I don't really want that to happen 'cos there's
not much text after the preceding Heading 1. So I thought I'd create
an identical style called H2nobreak and replace the 'page break
before' with '24pt space before'.

The problem is that if I follow H2nobreak style with a standard
Heading 2, the numbering doesn't work properly and *both* paragraphs
are numbered e.g. 1.3.

How can I tell Heading 2 that it should continue the numbering
sequence from a preceding H2nobreak as well as from a preceding
Heading 2?

TVMIA

Jerry