Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

Default Keep Lines Together dont work

Note that in Word, you create a new paragraph each time you press
Enter. And the "Keep lines together" setting is in effect for a
paragraph; it doesn't work across paragraphs. So I'd say you have to
check the "Keep with next" option, too, for the relevant paragraphs.
(The option is on the Line and Page Breaks tab of FormatParagraph.)

Note, however, that if a page has so much text that it won't fit, you
can't force it to stay on that page; Word has to insert a page break
somewhere. If this happens, you may have to change the line spacing
and text size to get the desired result.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"homeologica" wrote in message
My last post is about this setting but I realize that in Word 2000

this don
t work.

I hightlighted all paragragh including a initial and final paragraph

is recommended. After Set Keep Lines Together I found last lines

pass to

clicking enter
between them.

Is this behaviour expected ?